The Senior Manager of Engagement and Communications is a seasoned professional with 8-10 years of relevant work experience in the field of Indigenous and stakeholder engagement, boasting extensive knowledge of both provincial and federal regulatory frameworks. In this capacity, they will play a pivotal role in supporting the Vice President of Operations by overseeing the management of client accounts, providing guidance to engagement personnel, spearheading market-specific business development initiatives, and actively contributing to the company's overall growth and success.
Location: Candidates will be considered from British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.
The Manager of Engagement’s responsibilities fall into the following categories:
• Convey direction from the Vice President of Operations.
• Facilitate feedback and concerns from personnel and analyze performance of Engagement personnel.
• Ensure that tasks align with the overall objectives and priorities of the Vice President of Innovation.
• Provide guidance, support and mentorship to Engagement personnel to achieve optimal performance and productivity.
• Lead and support our client service delivery.
Stakeholder and Indigenous Engagement
• Demonstrate strong knowledge and understanding of the regulatory requirements of governing bodies in order to provide sound advice with respect to Stakeholder and Indigenous Engagement in Canada.
• Oversee leads in managing client expectations, special event logistics, including open houses, meetings and workshops.
• On behalf of our clients, develop and oversee the implementation of complex engagement plans.
• Identify and interface with key client stakeholders and effectively communicate client project messaging and business objectives.
• Frequent travel to support clients’ is expected.
• Identify new business opportunities.
• Pitch new business to potential and existing clients and lead in drafting proposals while adhering to Communica’s policies for new business approach and development.
• Lead or direct the writing of strategic communication deliverables that demonstrate Communica’s creative approach and offer unique strategies tailored to the needs of the client. Assist in developing other communications collateral required by our clients on project work.
A driven and motivated individual who naturally takes responsibility for achieving results. Based on the consulting nature of Communica, it is essential that you are an outcome driven individual who thrives in a changing environment and is capable of engaging constructively in high level strategic discussions.
Education and Experience
• Demonstrated leadership and management experience.
• 8-10 years experience, whose primary purpose is to provide strategic and innovative counsel to clients with respect to Indigenous & Stakeholder Engagement, with a strong focus on the energy or energy and infrastructure industries.
• Degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism, social sciences, public policy or related field.
• Strong understanding of both federal and provincial regulatory bodies, including CER, IAAC, OEB, AER, AUC, NRCB, BCER and BC EAO.
• Demonstrated event planning experience.
• Membership in CPRS, IABC or IAP2 would be an asset.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation and organizational abilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including consultation, negotiation, facilitation, risk communication and conflict resolution.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a constantly changing environment.
Please note: Communica is a client driven consultancy firm, as such, we operate with an outcome-based work culture. This means we provide flexibility on when employees work, as long as they are able to meet client deadlines.
Communica is one of Canada’s largest Indigenous and stakeholder regulatory engagement consulting firms. Headquartered in Calgary, Communica’s services concentrate on four core pillars of expertise: Indigenous engagement, stakeholder engagement, communications and Stakeholder Information Management™.
Our work is guided by the belief that authentic, open and transparent engagement leads to better decision-making and builds mutual respect and trust with stakeholders and Indigenous communities.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to on race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other protected class under applicable human rights legislation. We also accept a diversity of opinions and encourage staff to treat those with different opinions with respect and professionalism. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in joining Communica.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the date, document type (cover letter or resume), your first and last name, and the job title in your file name and email subject line.
2018-01-29 – Cover Letter – Jane Smith – Junior Analyst.doc
2018-01-29 – Resume – Jane Smith – Junior Analyst.doc
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Communica.