As a Junior Support Specialist, you are an enthusiastic recent graduate or current student with an interest in engagement and communications. This is an excellent introductory role to learn about regulatory engagement in the energy, resource development, or infrastructure industries. You will work collaboratively with the Communica Stakeholder Information Management™ (SIM) team, the Engagement Team, and the Finance Team to assist in various tasks, support client objectives, and provide general office support.
Location: Calgary (in-office)
Time: Contract position for three months.
• Assist in basic stakeholder information management tasks.
• Support the organization and coordination of client, stakeholder, and Indigenous Community meetings, including logistics, minutes, and other related tasks.
• Work alongside client engagement teams, project teams, and operations teams to support the development of SIM strategies and engagement strategies guiding engagement and consultation with stakeholders and Indigenous communities.
• Support the coordination of special event logistics, including open houses, community meetings, and workshops with multiple stakeholder groups for various projects.
• Support the production of a variety of reports for submission to regulators and for project team use.
• Aid in providing support to clients in creating communication materials for engagement activities or regulatory consultation.
• Assist in accounting administrative tasks as required.
• Support ad hoc accounting tasks as required.
• Provide general office support, including filing, organizing, data entry, and other administrative tasks as needed.
A motivated, self-starting individual who rolls up their sleeves to support the SIM, Engagement, and Finance Teams. Based on the consulting nature of Communica, it is essential that you are an outcome-driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This is an excellent opportunity for recent graduates or current students to learn about regulatory engagement and gain hands-on experience in a variety of tasks.
Education and Experience
• Recent graduate or current student in communications, public relations, journalism, social sciences, public policy, business, accounting, or related field.
• Interest in the energy, resource development, or infrastructure industries.
• Familiarity with PowerBI and QuickBooks Enterprise is an asset but not required.
• Interest in engaging with Indigenous communities, including Indigenous history and rights, cultural protocols and norms, and Indigenous politics.
• Demonstrated organization, time management, and critical thinking skills.
• Strong reading comprehension, technical writing, and communication skills.
• Strong computer skills and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software, processes, and protocols.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on working well within multi-disciplinary teams.
• Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a constantly changing environment.
• Interest in project development and community engagement.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex solutions or technical information to a variety of audiences.
• Strong ability to research and analyze content.
Please note: Communica is a client driven consultancy firm, as such, we operate with an outcome-based work culture. This means we provide flexibility on when employees work, as long as they are able to meet client deadlines.
Communica is one of Canada’s largest Indigenous and stakeholder regulatory engagement consulting firms. Headquartered in Calgary, Communica’s services concentrate on four core pillars of expertise: Indigenous engagement, stakeholder engagement, communications and Stakeholder Information Management™.
Our work is guided by the belief that authentic, open and transparent engagement leads to better decision-making and builds mutual respect and trust with stakeholders and Indigenous communities.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to on race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other protected class under applicable human rights legislation. We also accept a diversity of opinions and encourage staff to treat those with different opinions with respect and professionalism. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in joining Communica.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the date, document type (cover letter or resume), your first and last name, and the job title in your file name and email subject line.
2018-01-29 – Cover Letter – Jane Smith – Junior Analyst.doc
2018-01-29 – Resume – Jane Smith – Junior Analyst.doc
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Communica.