As an Information Technology Support Specialist Intern, you will gain hands-on experience in Windows desktop support and technical operations. You will work with our staff to tackle challenging projects and develop practical skills in the computer field. This internship offers an excellent opportunity to support the IT team with maintaining systems, organizing resources, and enhancing cybersecurity.
Location: Calgary (in-office)
Time: Contract position for three months.
• Assist staff with hardware, software, and network issues.
• Install and configure computer systems and software.
• Provide training to staff on computer systems and software usage.
• Troubleshoot and fix computer and network problems.
• Support the IT team in maintaining systems, organizing resources, and enhancing cybersecurity.
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure smooth IT operations.
• Proactively identify areas for improvement and suggest solutions.
A motivated individual who is eager to learn and grow in the field of Information Technology. You are a problem solver who enjoys collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams and providing excellent customer service to staff. Based on the consulting nature of Communica, it is essential that you are an outcome-driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This is an excellent opportunity for students or recent graduates to gain valuable experience and develop practical skills in the IT field.
Education and Experience
Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a relevant post-secondary program, such as:
• Computer Science
• Information Technology
• Management Information Systems
• Network Administration
• Computer Engineering
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and Windows operating systems.
• Ability to work well in teams and collaborate with staff across departments.
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
• Solid troubleshooting skills and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and take initiative in a fast-paced environment.
Please note: Communica is a client driven consultancy firm, as such, we operate with an outcome-based work culture. This means we provide flexibility on when employees work, as long as they are able to meet client deadlines.
Communica is one of Canada’s largest Indigenous and stakeholder regulatory engagement consulting firms. Headquartered in Calgary, Communica’s services concentrate on four core pillars of expertise: Indigenous engagement, stakeholder engagement, communications and Stakeholder Information Management™.
Our work is guided by the belief that authentic, open and transparent engagement leads to better decision-making and builds mutual respect and trust with stakeholders and Indigenous communities.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to on race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other protected class under applicable human rights legislation. We also accept a diversity of opinions and encourage staff to treat those with different opinions with respect and professionalism. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in joining Communica.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the date, document type (cover letter or resume), your first and last name, and the job title in your file name and email subject line.
2018-01-29 – Cover Letter – Jane Smith – Junior Analyst.doc
2018-01-29 – Resume – Jane Smith – Junior Analyst.doc
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Communica.