The position of Advisor, Engagement and Communication is a high-energy, enthusiastic professional who is passionate about engagement and communications and stays abreast of trends and best practices.
As part of the Communica Engagement Team, you will work collaboratively to provide support for our clients to help them meet their project objectives.
- Provide direct support for client, stakeholder and Indigenous Community meetings, including logistics, minutes and other related tasks.
- Work with our client engagement teams, project teams and operations to build engagement strategies to guide engagement and consultation with stakeholders and Indigenous communities.
- Support Client engagement in the field with individuals, communities, Indigenous groups and local governments and organizations.
- Providing support in the creation of communication materials for engagement activities or regulatory consultation.
- Research, writing and editing material for internal and external audiences including newsletters, briefing memos, factsheets, reports, social media, blogs, website content, etc.
- Supporting clients with community focused research to identify past and present issues, and to support a better understanding of unique aspects of different communities.
- Coordination of special events logistics, including open houses, community meetings and workshops with multiple stakeholder groups for various projects.
- Participate in and represent the company at networking events and conferences, as required.
- Logistical and organizational administrative support for client engagement activities with their external stakeholders and Indigenous Communities including:
- Meeting support
- Previous meeting notes
- Proposed agendas
- Summaries of outstanding actions
- Community research and updates
- Project inbox management & toll-free line triage management
- Community Knowledge Keeper Management
- Mailout coordination
- Record keeping and filing
- Technical workshop support
- Other engagement collateral
Attributes and Skills Expected:
A motivated individual who rolls up their sleeves to support Communica’s Engagement Team. Based on the consulting nature of Communica, it is essential that you are an outcome driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism, social sciences, public policy or related field.
- A minimum of 5+ years relevant work experience in Indigenous and/or stakeholder engagement or related experience in resource development.
- Knowledge and direct experience in engaging with Indigenous communities, including on Indigenous history and rights, on cultural protocols and norms, on Indigenous politics and the ability to successfully engage with Indigenous peoples.
- Understanding of both federal and provincial regulatory bodies, including CER, IAAC, AER, AUC, NRCB, OGC and EAO will be expected.
- Proven written and verbal communication, presentation and organizational abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis upon working well within multi-disciplinary teams
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a constantly changing environment.
- Knowledge of or experience in project development and community engagement.
- Demonstrated event planning experience would be an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate smart and sometimes complex solutions or technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong ability to research and analyze content.
- Experience in the resource development sector would be considered and asset.
- Ability to produce deliverables within hour-based timeframes to ensure projects stay on budget.
- Abilities to interface with Stakeholder Information Management software and processes, including an ability to analyze data, communicate information and report on client stakeholder engagement.
- Attention to detail even under tight timelines.
Please note: Communica is a client driven consultancy firm, as such, we operate with an outcome-based work culture. This means we provide flexibility on when Analysts work, as long as they are able to meet client deadlines.
Communica is one of Western Canada’s largest Indigenous and stakeholder regulatory engagement consulting firms. Headquartered in Calgary, Communica’s services concentrate on four core pillars of expertise: Indigenous engagement, stakeholder engagement, communications and Stakeholder Information Management™.
Our work is guided by the belief that authentic, open and transparent engagement leads to better decision-making and builds mutual respect and trust with stakeholders and Indigenous communities.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in joining Communica.