As an Advisor, Engagement and Communication, you are a high-energy, enthusiastic professional who is passionate about engagement and communications, with 2+ years of experience. You will play a key role in four areas: Operational, Indigenous Engagement, Communications, and Personal Management. In this position, you will stay abreast of trends and best practices while working collaboratively with the Communica Engagement Team to support clients in meeting their project objectives.
Location: Candidates will be considered from British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.
• Provide direct support for client, stakeholder, and Indigenous Community meetings, including logistics, minutes, and other related tasks.
• Work with client engagement teams, project teams, and operations to build engagement strategies guiding engagement and consultation with stakeholders and Indigenous communities.
• Coordinate special event logistics, including open houses, community meetings, and workshops with multiple stakeholder groups for various projects.
• Support client engagement in the field with individuals, communities, Indigenous groups, and local governments and organizations.
• Provide support in creating communication materials for engagement activities or regulatory consultation.
• Support clients with community-focused research to identify past and present issues and to better understand unique aspects of different communities.
• Research, write, and edit material for internal and external audiences, including newsletters, briefing memos, factsheets, reports, social media, blogs, website content, etc.
• Participate in and represent the company at networking events and conferences, as required.
• Provide logistical and organizational administrative support for client engagement activities with external stakeholders and Indigenous Communities, including meeting support, community research and updates, project inbox management, and more.
• Ensure deliverables are produced within hour-based timeframes to keep projects on budget and maintain attention to detail, even under tight timelines.
A motivated individual who rolls up their sleeves to support Communica's Engagement Team. Based on the consulting nature of Communica, it is essential that you are an outcome-driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Education and Experience
• Degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism, social sciences, public policy, or related field.
• A minimum of 2+ years relevant work experience in Indigenous and/or stakeholder engagement or related experience in resource development.
• Knowledge and direct experience in engaging with Indigenous communities, including Indigenous history and rights, cultural protocols and norms, and Indigenous politics.
• Understanding of both federal and provincial regulatory bodies, including CER, IAAC, AER, AUC, NRCB, OGC, and EAO.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on working well within multi-disciplinary teams.
• Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a constantly changing environment.
• Knowledge of or experience in project development and community engagement.
• Demonstrated event planning experience is an asset.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex solutions or technical information to a variety of audiences.
• Strong ability to research and analyze content.
• Experience in the resource development sector is considered an asset.
• Abilities to interface with Stakeholder Information Management software and processes, including analyzing data, communicating information, and reporting on client stakeholder engagement.
Please note: Communica is a client driven consultancy firm, as such, we operate with an outcome-based work culture. This means we provide flexibility on when employees work, as long as they are able to meet client deadlines.
Communica is one of Canada’s largest Indigenous and stakeholder regulatory engagement consulting firms. Headquartered in Calgary, Communica’s services concentrate on four core pillars of expertise: Indigenous engagement, stakeholder engagement, communications and Stakeholder Information Management™.
Our work is guided by the belief that authentic, open and transparent engagement leads to better decision-making and builds mutual respect and trust with stakeholders and Indigenous communities.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to on race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other protected class under applicable human rights legislation. We also accept a diversity of opinions and encourage staff to treat those with different opinions with respect and professionalism. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in joining Communica.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the date, document type (cover letter or resume), your first and last name, and the job title in your file name and email subject line.
2018-01-29 – Cover Letter – Jane Smith – Junior Analyst.doc
2018-01-29 – Resume – Jane Smith – Junior Analyst.doc
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Communica.